Saturday, August 26, 2006

Just a thought

Blogger is as slow as this tonight:

"Willie, there's a six-foot seven inch tall irate customer at the counter who wants to talk to you especially, about the letter you sent him."

"I'll be right down."

Yes, that slow.

Anyway, while I type this offline and wait for all the little virtual salmon to thin out in their swim up my Internet connection, a thought has occurred to me.

Do you remember your Irish education? Do you remember all the lessons in the Irish language that never sank in? Mornings of verbs and Irish conversation?

Okay then. Do you remember the teachers visiting each other in the classrooms, and speaking Irish to each other so that the kids wouldn't know what they were saying?

Any connection between non-comprehension and teacher attitide coming to mind?

Just thought I'd mention it in passing.

No comments: