Wednesday, August 09, 2006

New security feature at ATM?

I was getting cash out of the ATM in Firhouse a little while ago, and mindful of the recent bruhaha about false fronts and card readers and general fraud I was feeling quite contented with the familiar spat-upon screen, slashed machine frontage, and hacked off pieces around the card slot when suddenly a disembodied voice said:

"Who?"

I said, "What?"

"Who?"

I said, "It's me!"

"Who?"

"Me!"

"Who?"

"Me."

"Who?"

I tapped the numbers into the machine and took my cash.

"Who?"

"Still me."

"Who?"

"Going now. Goodbye!"

"Who?"

"No, really."

"Who?"

"Gone!"

"Who?"

I got back into the car and said to Herself:

"I think they should do something about that bloody pigeon."

2 comments:

Angharod said...

In an otherwise dismal sameness day, I found a belly laugh...

"Who", indeed.

Willie_W said...

I was queuing at the ATM in Nutgrove last week and looked up to see the security camera in its glass bubble staring right at me. I gave it a big toothy Homer Simpson grin and a wave. Yay! I'm a rebel!